Hollandaise Sauce the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Mushrooms Mary Louise
Makes about 1 cup sauce
|1||tablespoon cold water|
|1||cup unsalted butter, divided|
|1||to 1-1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice|
|Dash ground red pepper|
- Place egg yolks and water in top of double boiler. Whisk until well combined.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons butter. Melt remaining butter in small saucepan over low heat until just melted.
- Add reserved 2 tablespoons butter to egg yolk mixture; place double boiler top over hot, not boiling, water. Whisk constantly until egg yolks thicken slightly.
- Remove egg yolk mixture from heat. Gradually add melted butter to egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. Use sauce immediately.
Check out more recipes for French