Homemade Angel Hair Pasta the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
This recipe is part of the recipe for Classic Veal Florentine
Makes 4 to 6 servings
|2||cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon olive oil|
|1/2||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)|
|Fresh marjoram sprigs for garnish|
- Place flour, salt, eggs, milk and oil in food processor; process until dough forms. Shape into ball.
- Place dough on lightly floured surface; flatten slightly. Cut dough into 4 pieces. Wrap 3 dough pieces in plastic wrap; set aside.
- To knead dough by pasta machine,* set rollers of pasta machine at widest setting (position 1). Feed unwrapped dough piece through flat rollers by turning handle. (Dough may crumble slightly at first but will hold together after two to three rollings.)
- Lightly flour dough strip; fold strip into thirds. Feed through rollers again. Continue process 7 to 10 times until dough is smooth and elastic.
- To roll out dough by machine, reduce setting to position 3. Feed dough strip through rollers. Without folding strip into thirds, repeat on positions 5 and 6. Let dough stand 5 to 10 minutes until slightly dry.
- Attach handle to angel hair pasta roller and feed dough through, catching angel hair pasta with free hand as it emerges.** Repeat kneading and rolling with reserved dough pieces.
- Cook angel hair pasta in large pot of boiling salted water 1 to 2 minutes just until al dente; remove from heat. Drain well; divide angel hair pasta into 2 large bowls.
Check out more recipes for Italian