Honey and Mustard Glazed Chicken the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Honey and Mustard Glazed Chicken
Makes 4 to 5 servings
|1||whole chicken (4 to 5 pounds)|
|1||tablespoon vegetable oil|
|2||tablespoons Dijon mustard|
|1||tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking.
- Remove giblets from chicken cavity; reserve for another use or discard. Pull chicken skin over neck; secure with metal skewer. Tuck wings under back; tie legs together with wet string. Lightly brush chicken with oil.
- Combine honey, mustard, soy sauce, ginger, pepper and salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Place chicken, breast side up, on grid directly over drip pan. Grill, covered, over medium-high heat 1 hour 30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 180°F when tested with meat thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh, not touching bone. Brush with honey mixture every 10 minutes during last 30 minutes of cooking time.*
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; cover with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Internal temperature will continue to rise 5°F to 10°F during stand time.
|Total Fat||12 g|
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry