Honey-Mustard Chicken with Apples
Makes 4 servings
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast (about 4 ounces each)|
|4||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|Salt and black pepper|
|1||medium green apple, cored and cut into eighths|
|3/4||cup peach jam|
|1||small red bell pepper, diced|
|2||tablespoons honey mustard|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|1/2||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1/4||cup sliced green onions, for garnish|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place one chicken breast half in center of each sheet of foil. Season with salt and pepper. Place apple wedges beside chicken pieces. Repeat with remaining chicken, foil, salt, pepper and apple.
- Combine jam, bell pepper, mustard, cornstarch, garlic and ginger in small bowl. Spoon over each chicken breast and apple wedges.
- Double-fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grill grid. Grill, covered, over medium-high coals 11 to 13 minutes until chicken is no longer pink in center. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer mixture to serving plates. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry