Honey-Mustard Chicken with Sauerkraut & Spuds the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 2 servings
|2||tablespoons stone-ground mustard|
|2||boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||medium red potatoes, thinly sliced|
|2||sheets (18X12 inches) heavy-duty foil, lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1-1/2||cups fresh sauerkraut, divided|
|2||slices Swiss cheese|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes|
- Preheat toaster oven or oven to 450°F.
- Combine mustard and honey in medium bowl. Add chicken and turn several times to coat with mustard mixture. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide potato slices between foil sheets, overlapping slices to form a rectangle about size of chicken breast. Sprinkle potato slices with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken on potato slices. Top with sauerkraut and cheese slices. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Double fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place packets on toaster oven tray or baking sheet. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and potatoes are tender.
- Remove packets from oven. Carefully open one end of packets to allow steam to escape. Open packets and transfer contents to serving plates. Serve with additional mustard.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry