Honeyed Apricot Cake
Makes 12 servings
|1||box (about 14 ounces) honey corn bread mix|
|1/2||cup ground blanched almonds*|
|1||teaspoon almond extract|
|1/4||cup chopped dried apricots|
|1/2||cup sliced almonds|
|1||can (about 15 ounces) apricot halves, drained and cut in half|
*To grind almonds, place almonds in food processor fitted with metal blade; process using on/off pulsing action about 30 seconds or until fine crumbs form. Do not overprocess or almond meal will become almond butter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of baking sheet with foil. Grease bottom and sides of 9-inch springform pan; place pan on baking sheet.
- Combine corn bread mix, milk, ground almonds and almond extract; stir until just blended. Stir in dried apricots; set aside.
- Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in honey until well blended; remove from heat. Pour honey mixture into prepared pan; swirl to distribute evenly. Sprinkle sliced almonds over honey mixture; arrange canned apricot pieces on top.
- Pour corn bread batter over apricots; smooth top with spatula. Bake about 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack. Just before serving, invert cake onto serving plate.
Check out more recipes for Cakes