Hors d'Oeuvre Rolls
Makes 40 rolls
|Sweet and Sour Sauce (recipe follows, optional)|
|1/2||cup Chinese-style thin egg noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces|
|2||tablespoons butter or margarine|
|4||ounces boneless lean pork, finely chopped|
|6||fresh medium mushrooms, finely chopped|
|6||green onions with tops, finely chopped|
|8||ounces deveined shelled shrimp, cooked and finely chopped|
|1||hard-cooked egg, finely chopped|
|1-1/2||tablespoons dry sherry|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||egg, lightly beaten|
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|Carrot stick and green onion bundle* for garnish|
*To make vegetable bundle, cut 6- to 8-inch length off top of green onion. Place in salted water; let stand at least 15 minutes. Tie around small bundle of fresh vegetables.
- Prepare Sweet and Sour Sauce; set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain.
- Heat butter in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork; stir-fry until no longer pink in center, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and onions; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove wok from heat. Add noodles, shrimp, hard-cooked egg, sherry, salt and pepper; mix well. Spoon 1 tablespoon pork mixture across center of each wonton wrapper. Brush edges lightly with beaten egg. Roll up tightly around filling; pinch edges slightly to seal.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet to 375°F. Add four to six rolls at a time; cook until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Garnish, if desired. Serve with Sweet and Sour Sauce.
Check out more recipes for Chinese