Hot Chinese Chicken Salad the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Hot Chinese Chicken Salad
Makes 4 servings
|8||boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into pieces|
|1/4||cup vegetable oil|
|1||large tomato, diced|
|1||cup diagonally sliced celery|
|1||cup coarsely chopped green onions|
|1||can (4 ounces) water chestnuts, drained and sliced|
|1||can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained|
|1/4||cup soy sauce|
|1/8||teaspoon garlic powder|
|2||cups finely shredded iceberg lettuce|
|Orange slices for garnish (optional)|
|Hot cooked rice|
- Place cornstarch in shallow dish. Dredge chicken, one piece at a time, in cornstarch. Coat evenly, shaking off excess; set aside.
- Place wok or large skillet over high heat. Add oil to wok, swirling to coat all sides. Heat oil until hot, about 30 seconds.
- Add chicken to wok; briskly toss and stir chicken with wok utensil or wooden spoon, keeping chicken in constant motion, 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Stir in tomato, celery, green onions, water chestnuts, mushrooms, soy sauce and garlic powder. Cover; simmer 5 minutes.
- Place chicken mixture on lettuce-lined serving platter. Garnish, if desired. Serve with rice.
Check out more recipes for Chinese