- Insert knife blade into stem end of nectarine; slice into halves lengthwise to the pit, turning nectarine while slicing.
- Remove knife blade; twist halves to pull apart.
- Remove pit from nectarine using tip of paring knife; discard.
Taking care, remove the pit
with the tip of a knife.
Cherries are another fruit that need to be pitted before used in a recipe. Find out how on the next page.
Not what you're looking for? Try these:
- Cooking: Learn the ins and outs of some basic cooking techniques in this helpful article.
- Fruit Trees: Discover the wide variety of fruit trees and where they typically grow on our Fruit Trees page.