Prep and Cook 18 minutes
Makes 4 servings
|6||(6-inch) corn tortillas|
|1||can (16 ounces) refried beans|
|1||tablespoon olive oil|
|1||cup red taco sauce, heated|
|4||tablespoons crumbled queso fresco Mexican cheese or feta cheese|
|Additional warm tortillas|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut 2 tortillas into very thin strips. Scatter strips on baking sheet; bake 15 minutes or until crisp. Remove from oven; cool.
- Place refried beans in 1-quart saucepan over low heat and cook, 8 minutes, stirring frequently or until beans are smooth and hot.
- Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat tortillas, one at a time, 1 minute on each side, turning once. To keep tortillas warm, wrap in clean kitchen towel.
- In same skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Fry 4 eggs until egg whites are firm and opaque and yolks are partially set.
- Place 4 warm tortillas on separate plates. Spread each tortilla to edge with 1/4 cup beans. Top with fried egg. Spoon 1/4 cup warm taco sauce around each tortilla, and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon crumbled cheese and tortilla strips. Serve with additional warm tortillas, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Mexican