Ice Cream Cone Cakes
Surprisingly low in calories and fat, these spectacular treats are sure to bring a smile to any child's face. For extra delight, decorate with candies and colored cake decorating gels to fit the holiday season!
Makes 18 cone cakes
|1||package (about 18 ounces) devil's food cake mix plus ingredients to prepare mix|
|1/3||cup sour cream|
|18||flat-bottomed ice cream cones|
|1-1/4||cups nonfat frozen yogurt (any flavor)|
|Cake decorations or chocolate sprinkles|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 8- or 9-inch round cake pan; set aside.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions, substituting sour cream for 1/3 cup of the water and decreasing oil to 1/4 cup.
- Spoon 1/2 of batter (about 2-1/3 cups) evenly into ice cream cones, using about 2 tablespoons batter for each. Pour remaining batter into prepared cake pan.
- Stand cones on baking sheet. Bake cones and cake layer until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes for cones and about 35 minutes for cake layer. Cool cones completely on wire racks. Cool cake layer 10 minutes. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Reserve or freeze cake layer for another use.
- Top each filled cone with 1/4 cup scoop of frozen yogurt just before serving. Sprinkle with decorations as desired. Serve immediately.
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Calories from Fat||32 %|
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes