Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1||cup packed light brown sugar|
|5-1/2||cups self-rising flour|
|1||teaspoon ground ginger|
|1||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Prepared colored icings, sprinkles and small candy canes|
- Beat butter, honey, brown sugar and egg yolk in large bowl at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, ginger and cinnamon in small bowl. Add alternately with milk to butter mixture; beat just until combined. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll dough on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough using 3-1/2-inch boot-shaped cookie cutter.* Place cutouts 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheets 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- Decorate cookies with colored icings and sprinkles to look like ice skates, attaching candy canes as skate blades.
Check out more recipes for Kid-Friendly Recipes