Indian Caramel Corn the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Indian Caramel Corn
Easy-to-make ears of corn are a festive addition to any Thanksgiving celebration.
Makes about 12 ears of corn
|2||quarts popped popcorn|
|1/2||cup packed brown sugar|
|1/4||cup butter or margarine|
|2||tablespoons light corn syrup|
|1||cup candy-coated chocolate chips|
|Parchment paper, tan raffia or waxed paper|
- Place popped popcorn in large buttered bowl.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla in small saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour sugar mixture over popcorn; stir to coat evenly. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; stir well.
- Lightly butter hands. Shape about 1/2 cup mixture into tapered oval about 4 inches long to resemble ear of corn. Press candy corn into ear of corn. Place on waxed paper to cool. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Cut parchment paper into twelve 6-inch squares. Roll into cone shape and fringe ends by cutting into strips. Insert into ends of corn with tip of sharp knife.
Check out more recipes for Snacks