Indian Chicken with Couscous the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Indian Chicken with Couscous
Makes 4 servings
|1||pound boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|2||teaspoons olive oil|
|1||cup chopped onion|
|1||cup chopped green bell pepper|
|1||teaspoon chili powder|
|1||teaspoon curry powder|
|1/2||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained|
|1/3||cup golden raisins|
|1-1/3||cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1-1/3||cups uncooked quick-cooking couscous|
|1/2||cup plain nonfat yogurt|
|1/4||cup sliced green onions|
- Cut chicken into 1/4-inch slices; cut each slice into 1-inch strips.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; set aside.
- Add onion, bell pepper, chili powder, curry powder and red pepper to same skillet; cook and stir 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir chicken, tomatoes with juice and raisins into skillet; bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, place chicken broth in small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous; cover. Remove saucepan from heat; let stand 5 minutes.
- Spoon 1/2 cup couscous onto each serving plate; top with 3/4 cup chicken mixture, 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon green onions.
|Calories from Fat||11 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern