Indian-Spiced Chicken with Wild Rice
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4||teaspoon ground turmeric|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|1||red bell pepper, chopped|
|1||stalk celery, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||package (6 ounces) long grain and wild rice mix|
|2||cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/4||cup sliced almonds|
- Combine salt, cumin, black pepper, cinnamon and turmeric in small bowl. Rub spice mixture on both sides of chicken. Place chicken on plate; cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13X9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned. Remove chicken; set aside.
- Add carrots, bell pepper, celery and garlic to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add rice; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add seasoning packet from rice mix and broth; bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat; stir in raisins. Pour into prepared dish. Place chicken on rice mixture; sprinkle with almonds.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake 35 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and rice is tender.
|Calories from Fat||28 %|
|Total Fat||17 g|
Check out more recipes for Middle Eastern