Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini
Italian Sausage Stuffed Zucchini from Hunt's® features tender zucchini shells, stuffed with a mixture of Italian sausage, tomatoes, zucchini and onions and topped with Parmesan cheese.
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
|PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray|
|2||medium zucchini, each cut in half lengthwise|
|6||ounces Italian turkey sausage|
|1/2||cup chopped onion|
|1||can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, drained|
|1||cup panko bread crumbs|
|1/4||cup Egg Beaters® Original|
|2||tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Scoop pulp from each zucchini half, leaving 1/4-inch shells and reserving pulp. Place shells cut-side down on a microwave-safe plate and cover with waxed paper. Microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until shells begin to soften slightly. Arrange shells in baking dish.
- Cook sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
- Cook onion and reserved zucchini in skillet about 5 minutes or until onion and zucchini are lightly browned and softened. Stir in drained tomatoes, cooked sausage and bread crumbs. Remove from heat; cool about 5 minutes.
- Stir in Egg Beaters. Spoon filling into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 10 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
|Serving Size:||2 halves|
|Total fat||10 g|
|Saturated fat||3 g|
|Dietary fiber||5 g|
|Vitamin A||50 %|
|Vitamin C||64 %|
Check out more recipes for Italian