Italian Three-Cheese Macaroni the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Italian Three-Cheese Macaroni
Makes 4 servings
|2||cups uncooked elbow macaroni|
|3||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon Italian seasoning|
|1/2||to 1 teaspoon black pepper|
|3/4||cup (3 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained|
|1||cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/2||cup dry bread crumbs|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 2-quart round casserole with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, Italian seasoning, pepper and salt, stirring until smooth. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly until slightly thickened. Add Cheddar and Parmesan; stir until cheeses melt.
- Layer half of pasta, half of tomatoes and half of cheese sauce in prepared dish. Repeat layers.
- Combine mozzarella and bread crumbs in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over casserole. Spray bread crumb mixture several times with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until top is golden brown.
|Total Fat||26 g|
Check out more recipes for Italian