Makes 4 servings
|3||ounces boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-1/2X1/2X1/2-inch pieces|
|1/2||teaspoon plus pinch salt|
|1||(1-inch) piece carrot, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices|
|4||cups fish stock|
|1||teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|2||eggs, lightly beaten|
- Combine chicken, sake and pinch of salt in small bowl; set aside.
- Place water and 1/4 teaspoon salt in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat; add carrot slices. Cook 2 minutes; drain.
- Place fish stock in 3-quart saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, soy sauce and chicken. Reduce heat to medium; boil 2 minutes.
- Slowly pour about 1/3 of eggs at a time into boiling soup, stirring constantly. Return soup to a boil after each addition. Remove from heat immediately after last egg "threads" form.
- Place 2 carrot slices in each of 4 individual soup bowls. Ladle about 1 cup soup over carrots in each bowl.
Check out more recipes for Asian