Raymond and Nicole’s Jerk Chicken with Guava Rum Glaze
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|4||Tablespoons Garlic Powder|
|4||Tablespoons Onion Powder|
|5 1/2||Tablespoons Ground Ginger|
|4||Sprigs of Thyme|
|1/2||cup Guava Jam or Preserve|
|2||Tablespoons Soy Sauce|
|1/4||cup of Spiced Rum|
|1||Tablespoon Fresh Thyme|
|1||Tablespoon Orange Zest|
|1/2||cup Red Beans (soak beans in beer over night)|
|2 1/2||cups Short Grain Rice|
|4 1/2||cups Chicken Stock|
|4||ounces Secret Meat (Nicole and Raymond choose a favorite sausage)|
- Place chicken in a large freezer bag, or in a large roasting pan or baking dish.
- Add the jerk paste to the chicken pieces and coat well. Seal the bag or cover the chicken in the pan with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight.
- Then, when ready to cook the chicken, preheat grill to medium high. Sprinkle chicken halves with seasonings.
- For the glaze, put glaze ingredients in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 8-10 minutes; remove from heat, and set aside until ready to grill.
- Cook chicken on grill for approximately one hour, keeping the internal grill temperature between 350°F and 400°F and rotating the chicken. When the chicken is finished, cut chicken into pieces. Serve with Red Beans and Rice.
- Soak red beans in beer overnight.
- When ready to cook, simmer rice in chicken stock over medium heat, stirring occasionally; and then add in the beans and serve.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry