Miss Kansas, Becki Ronen, submitted this recipe for Lasagna.
|1||lb. ground beef|
|3||cups spaghetti sauce|
|1||8 oz. can tomato sauce|
|1||15 oz. ricotta cheese|
|1||egg, slightly beaten|
|1/2||tsp. Dried basil leaves|
|1/2||dried oregano leaves|
|12||pieces oven ready lasagna noodles, uncooked (American Beauty works well)|
|4||cups shredded mozzarella cheese|
|1/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large skillet, cook meat until browned; remove from heat.
- Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce.
- In a small bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, basil and oregano.
- In 13x9x2 inch baking dish, spread ¾ cup meat sauce.
- Place 3 pieces uncooked pasta crosswise over sauce. Pieces should not overlap or touch side of pan since they will expand when baked.
- Spread about 2/3 cup ricotta mixture evenly over pasta. Spread ¾ cup meat sauce evenly over ricotta covering pasta completely; sprinkle with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat TWO more times.
- Top with remaining 3 pasta pieces. Spread remaining meat sauce completely over pasta; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes; remove foil. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
Check out more recipes for Midwestern