Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Drops the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Kentucky Bourbon Pecan Drops
Makes about 2-1/2 dozen cookies
|1||cup (2 sticks) butter, softened|
|3/4||cup granulated sugar|
|3/4||cup packed light brown sugar|
|2-1/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1||cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted|
|1||cup semisweet chocolate chips|
|2||tablespoons whipping cream or half-and-half|
|1/2||cup sifted powdered sugar|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. For cookies, beat 1 cup butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar in large bowl of electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and 1 tablespoon bourbon.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until dough forms. Beat in pecans.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 12 to 14 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown. Let cookies stand on cookie sheets 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire racks; cool completely.
- For glaze, combine chocolate chips and 1 tablespoon butter in medium microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 50 seconds; stir well. If necessary, microwave at 10 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted when stirred. Stir cream into chocolate, then powdered sugar; mix well. Stir in bourbon until well blended. Let stand at room temperature until completely cooled.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to small plastic food storage bag. Cut very tiny corner off bag; drizzle decoratively over cookies. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Store tightly covered at room temperature or freeze cookies up to 3 months.
Check out more recipes for Southern