Key Lime Tarts
Makes 8 servings
|3/4||cup fat-free (skim) milk|
|6||tablespoons fresh lime juice|
|1/2||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1/2||cup reduced-fat sour cream|
|12||packets sugar substitute or equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar|
|4||sheets phyllo dough*|
|Nonstick butter-flavored cooking spray|
|3/4||cup thawed frozen fat-free nondairy whipped topping|
|Fresh raspberries and orange peel (optional)|
*Cover with damp kitchen towel to prevent dough from drying out.
- Combine milk, lime juice and cornstarch in medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Add egg substitute; whisk constantly for 30 seconds to allow egg substitute to cook. Stir in sour cream and sugar substitute; cover and refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 8 (2-1/2-inch) muffin cups with cooking spray; set aside.
- Place 1 sheet of phyllo dough on cutting board; lightly spray with cooking spray. Layer 3 more sheets of phyllo dough on top of first, lightly spraying each sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut stack of phyllo dough into 8 squares. Gently fit each stacked square into prepared muffin cups; press firmly against bottoms and sides. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove from muffin cups; cool on wire rack.
- Divide lime mixture evenly among phyllo cups; top with whipped topping. Garnish with fresh raspberries and lime slices, if desired.
|Serving Size:||1 tart (without garnish)|
|Calories from Fat||17 %|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Pies & Tarts