Kickin' Brownies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 16 brownies
|1/2||cup hazelnuts or unblanched almonds|
|3/4||cup (1-1/2 sticks) butter|
|3/4||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1||cup all-purpose flour|
|1-1/2||cups fresh or thawed frozen raspberries|
|3||to 4 tablespoons raspberry jam|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To remove skins from hazelnuts, spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until skins begin to flake off; let cool slightly. Wrap hazelnuts in heavy kitchen towel; rub against towel to remove as much of skins as possible. Cool completely. Place hazelnuts in food processor. Process using on/off pulsing action until finely chopped, but not pasty; set aside.
- Line 2 (8-inch) square baking pans with heavy-duty foil, leaving 1-inch overhang on all sides. Lightly grease foil; set aside.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar and cocoa powder until well blended. Stir in eggs and vanilla until smooth. Stir in flour just until blended. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Press raspberries gently into batter.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until centers are just set. Do not overbake. Cool brownies completely in pans on wire rack. Lift brownies out of pans using foil; remove foil.
- Prepare White Ganache and Chocolate Ganache. Reserve 2 tablespoons White Ganache; spread remaining White Ganache evenly over one brownie. Spread raspberry jam over ganache.
- Place remaining brownie flat side down on bottom brownie, pressing gently to seal. Spread Chocolate Ganache evenly over top. Drizzle with reserved White Ganache; sprinkle with hazelnuts. Cut into squares. Store tightly covered in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Check out more recipes for Brownies