Lamb Chops with Tomato-Herb Couscous
Seared lamb chops are served with a rich tomato sauce and tomato-herb couscous.
Hands On: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
|12||lamb loin chops, 1-inch thick (about 5 oz each)|
|1/4||cup soy sauce|
|1/4||cup dry white wine, divided|
|2||teaspoons minced garlic|
|1/2||teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1||can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes with Basil, Garlic and Oregano, undrained, divided|
|1 1/2||cups reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|3||tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided|
|1||package (10 oz each) plain couscous, uncooked (10 oz = 1 1/3 cups)|
|1/2||cup prepared classic demi-glace|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh basil|
|1||tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley|
Demi-glace is a thick glaze made from Espagnole or Brown Sauce, beef stock and Madeira or sherry. It is used as a rich flavor base for sauces and in recipes. Use concentrated demi-glace, found in specialty stores, to make the prepared demi-glace.
- Combine lamb chops, soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of the wine, garlic and black pepper in large resealable food storage bag. Marinate in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Combine HALF of the tomatoes, broth and 1 tablespoon of the oil in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat.
- Remove lamb chops from marinade and pat dry. Discard bag with leftover marinade. Heat the remaining oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Sear chops (in batches to prevent overcrowding of skillet) 2 minutes per side or until dark golden brown in color.
- Remove seared chops from skillet and place on flat wire rack positioned in shallow baking pan. Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining wine, the remaining tomatoes and demi-glace to skillet; simmer 2 to 3 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Add basil and parsley to prepared couscous; fluff with fork. Serve immediately with lamb chops and sauce.
|Serving Size:||2 chops, 3/4 cup couscous and sauce|
|Total fat||42 g|
|Saturated fat||16 g|
|Dietary fiber||3 g|
|Vitamin A||2 %|
|Vitamin C||10 %|
Check out more recipes for Lamb & Game Meat