Lasagna à la Zucchini
Makes 8 to 10 servings
|8||(2-inch-wide) uncooked lasagna noodles|
|3||medium zucchini, cut into thin slices|
|1||can (16 ounces) Italian-style sliced stewed tomatoes, drained|
|1/4||pound fresh mushrooms, cut into thin slices|
|1||small onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon dried Italian seasoning|
|1/8||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||can (6 ounces) tomato paste|
|1||container (16 ounces) small curd cottage cheese|
|6||eggs, lightly beaten|
|1/4||cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions until tender but still firm. Drain; set aside.
- Combine zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in tomato paste; remove from heat.
- Combine cottage cheese, eggs and Parmesan cheese in medium bowl; stir until well blended.
- Place 4 noodles on bottom of greased 13X9-inch baking dish. Pour 1/2 of egg mixture evenly over noodles. Cover egg mixture with 1/2 of tomato mixture; sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups mozzarella. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients, ending with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Bake covered 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Check out more recipes for Italian