Makes 8 to 10 servings
|8||ounces uncooked lasagna noodles|
|1/2||pound ground beef|
|1/2||pound mild Italian sausage, casings removed|
|1||medium onion, chopped|
|2||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||can (14-1/2 ounces) whole peeled tomatoes, undrained and chopped|
|1||can (6 ounces) tomato paste|
|2||teaspoons dried basil|
|1||teaspoon dried marjoram leaves|
|1||can (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained|
|2||cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese|
|3/4||cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided|
|2||tablespoons dried parsley flakes|
|1/2||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||cups (8 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese|
|3||cups (12 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese|
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Cook meats, onion and garlic in large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring to separate meat. Drain fat.
- Add tomatoes with juice, tomato paste, basil and marjoram. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 minutes, stirring often. Stir in mushrooms; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Beat eggs in large bowl; add cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Place half the noodles in bottom of greased 13X9-inch baking pan. Spread half the cottage cheese mixture over noodles, then half the meat mixture and half the Cheddar cheese and mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake lasagna 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Lasagna can be assembled, covered and refrigerated up to 2 days in advance. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375°F oven 60 minutes or until bubbly.
Check out more recipes for Italian