Makes 7 servings
|1||cup cake flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|3||tablespoons canola oil|
|3||egg whites, at room temperature|
|1/2||teaspoon cream of tartar|
|3||cups assorted fresh fruit, such as strawberries, kiwis, blueberries, pineapple, raspberries, apricots or plums|
|1/3||cup no-sugar-added apricot fruit spread, strained|
|1||tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur or water|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 13X9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add water, oil and vanilla; set aside.
- Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; continue beating at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold egg whites into cake batter. Pour into prepared pan; smooth surface of batter. Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean; cool 5 minutes. Gently turn cake out of pan; cool completely.
- Cut cake lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 14 rectangles of equal size.
- Combine spread and liqueur in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20 seconds or until warmed through; set aside.
- To assemble, place 1 cake slice on each dessert plate. Brush warmed glaze on cake; top with single layer of fruit. Repeat layer ending with fruit.
|Calories from Fat||26 %|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
Check out more recipes for Fruit Desserts