Lazy Lasagna the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 8 to 10 servings
|1||pound ground beef|
|1||jar (32 ounces) spaghetti sauce|
|1||pound cottage cheese|
|8||ounces sour cream|
|3||packages (6 ounces each) sliced mozzarella cheese (12 slices)|
|1/2||cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until meat is brown, stirring to separate meat; drain drippings.
- Add spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat to low. Heat through, stirring occasionally; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cottage cheese and sour cream in medium bowl; blend well.
- Spoon 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce in bottom of 13X9-inch baking pan. Place 4 of uncooked noodles over sauce, then half the cheese mixture, 4 slices of mozzarella cheese, half the remaining meat sauce and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat layers starting with the uncooked noodles. Top with remaining 4 slices of mozzarella cheese. Pour water around the sides of the pan. Cover tightly with foil.
- Bake lasagna 1 hour. Uncover; bake 20 minutes more or until bubbly. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before cutting. Garnish, if desired.
Check out more recipes for Italian