Lemon-Asparagus Chicken with Dill
Makes 2 servings
|1/2||cup uncooked rice|
|1||teaspoon chicken bouillon granules|
|1||cup asparagus, cut in 2-inch pieces|
|Nonstick cooking spray|
|6||ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces|
|1||tablespoon lemon juice|
|2||teaspoons olive oil|
|1||tablespoon chopped dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dried dill weed|
|2||tablespoons finely chopped parsley|
- Prepare rice according to package directions, adding bouillon granules to water.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup water in 12-inch nonstick skillet; bring to a boil. Add asparagus; return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; set aside. Wipe out skillet with paper towel.
- Coat same skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes or until no longer pink in center. Remove from heat; add asparagus. Cover and keep warm.
- Combine lemon juice, oil, dill and salt in small bowl.
- Add rice, lemon juice mixture and parsley to chicken mixture; stir until blended.
Lemon Chicken with Peas & Dill
Substitute 1/2 cup thawed frozen peas, for asparagus; omitting water. Add peas to chicken in step 3 after chicken is cooked.
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry