Lemon-Garlic Broccoli over Spaghetti Squash the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Lemon-Garlic Broccoli over Spaghetti Squash
Makes 6 servings
|1||spaghetti squash (2 pounds)|
|1||can (about 14 ounces) chicken broth|
|10||large cloves garlic, halved|
|2||tablespoons lemon juice|
|3||fresh sage leaves|
|2||cups broccoli florets|
- Place spaghetti squash in large saucepan. Pierce skin with fork. Add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 20 to 30 minutes or until squash is soft. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine broth and garlic in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Place broth, garlic, lemon juice and sage in food processor; process until smooth. Return mixture to saucepan; keep warm.
- Combine broccoli and 1/4 cup water in large nonstick skillet with tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and steam 5 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Using fork, remove spaghetti-like strands from squash. Place squash and broccoli in medium bowl; pour lemon-garlic mixture over squash mixture. Mix well. Garnish as desired. Serve immediately.
|Saturated Fat||0.2 g|
|Total Fat||0.9 g|
|Calories from Fat||11 %|
Check out more recipes for Vegetable Side Dish