Lemon-Ginger Chicken with Puffed Rice Noodles
Makes 4 servings
|Vegetable oil for frying|
|4||ounces rice noodles, broken in half|
|3||boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-1/2X1-inch strips|
|1||stalk lemongrass, cut into 1-inch pieces*|
|3||cloves garlic, minced|
|1||teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger|
|1/4||teaspoon ground red pepper|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|2||tablespoons peanut oil|
|6||ounces fresh snow peas, ends trimmed|
|1||can (8-3/4 ounces) baby corn, drained and rinsed|
|1/4||cup chopped fresh cilantro|
|2||tablespoons packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons fish sauce|
|1||tablespoon light soy sauce|
*Or, substitute 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel.
- Heat 3 inches vegetable oil in wok or Dutch oven until oil registers 375°F on deep-fry thermometer. Fry noodles in small batches 20 seconds or until puffy, holding down noodles in oil with slotted spoon to fry evenly. Drain on paper towels; set aside.
- Combine chicken, lemongrass, garlic, ginger, red pepper and black pepper in medium bowl. Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl; set aside.
- Heat wok over high heat 1 minute. Drizzle peanut oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add snow peas and baby corn; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to wok. Cook 1 minute or until thickened.
- Add cilantro, brown sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce; cook until heated through. Discard lemongrass. Serve over rice noodles.
Check out more recipes for Thai