Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Makes 6 servings
|1-1/2||cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed|
|1/2||cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar substitute,* divided|
|3/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/3||cup whole wheat flour|
|2||teaspoons poppy seeds|
|1/2||teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||cup low-fat buttermilk|
|3/4||cup cholesterol-free egg substitute|
|1||tablespoon canola oil|
|1||teaspoon grated lemon peel|
|1||teaspoon powdered sugar|
*This recipe was tested with sucralose-based sugar substitute.
- Combine blueberries and 1 teaspoon sugar substitute in small microwavable bowl. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 3 to 4 minutes or until warm. Set aside.
- Combine flours, remaining 1/2 cup sugar substitute, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl; stir to mix well.
- Combine buttermilk, egg substitute, oil, lemon peel and vanilla in another medium bowl; stir to combine. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray; preheat. Spoon about 1/4 cup batter into waffle iron, spreading batter to edges. Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle waffles with powdered sugar. Serve with blueberry sauce.
|Serving Size:||1 (4-inch) waffle with 1/4 cup blueberries|
|Calories from Fat||23 %|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
Check out more recipes for Pancakes & Waffles