Lemon Soufflé Cake with Strawberry Sauce
Makes 6 servings
|1/2||cup ripe strawberries, diced and mashed|
|2/3||cup plus 2 teaspoons sucralose-based sugar substitute|
|3||egg yolks, beaten|
|1/4||cup strained fresh lemon juice|
|2||teaspoons grated lemon peel|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|1/2||teaspoon cream of tartar|
|6||sprigs fresh mint for garnish (optional)|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 6 (8-ounce) glass or ceramic ovenproof soufflé dishes with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine mashed strawberries and 2 teaspoons sucralose in small bowl. Stir until well mixed; set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, 2/3 cup sucralose, juice, peel and flour in medium bowl; beat until smooth. Stir in cream.
- Combine egg whites and cream of tartar in clean bowl; beat with electric mixer at high speed until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold egg whites into lemon batter. Gently spoon (do not pour) batter evenly into prepared dishes.
- Place dishes in 2X10X15-inch baking pan. Fill pan with hot water to halfway point on dishes. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until tops are puffed, golden brown and spring back when touched lightly with finger. Remove from oven; let stand in baking pan 10 minutes.
- Spoon 4 teaspoons strawberry sauce over each warm soufflé; garnish with mint, if desired.
|Calories from Fat||73 %|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
Check out more recipes for Cakes