Liberty Bell Cake the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Liberty Bell Cake
Start your 4th of July festivities off with a bang by serving this attractive and distinctive cake.
Makes 16 servings
|1||recipe Creamy White Frosting|
|1||recipe Base Frosting|
|Blue decorating gel|
|Red cinnamon candies|
|1||(19X13-inch) cake board, cut to fit cake if desired, covered|
|1||(1-1/2-inch) star cookie cutter|
- If cake top is rounded, trim horizontally with long serrated knife. Trim sides of cake. Cut cake with serrated knife, using ruler as guide.
- Position pieces on prepared cake board, connecting with some of the Creamy White Frosting.
- Frost entire cake with Base Frosting to seal in crumbs. Frost again with remaining Creamy White Frosting.
- Gently press cookie cutter into frosting, leaving imprints as shown in photo. To outline each imprint, hold tip of gel tube just above frosting and gently squeeze tube while guiding tip in straight line over imprint. Stop squeezing, then lift gel tube at end of each star side. Evenly fill in each star with gel.
- Decorate with candies as shown in photo.
Check out more recipes for Other Special Occasions