Light Latte Cookies the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Light Latte Cookies
Makes 72 cookies
|1-3/4||cups all-purpose flour|
|1/4||cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1||tablespoon instant coffee granules|
|1||teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/2||cup (1 stick) soft baking butter with canola oil|
|1/2||cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1/4||cup fat-free sour cream|
|1||tablespoon powdered sugar (optional)|
|2||tablespoons fat-free half-and-half|
|1/4||cup chopped bittersweet chocolate|
|1||teaspoon instant coffee granules|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Combine flour, cocoa, coffee granules, baking soda and cinnamon in large bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter 30 seconds at medium speed of electric mixer until creamy. Beat in brown sugar and sour cream on medium-low speed until well blended. Add egg, egg white and vanilla; beat on low speed until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating on low speed until well blended.
- Drop dough by level teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten cookies slightly with bottom of glass. Bake 6 minutes. Cool 5 minutes on cookie sheet. Remove to wire rack; cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
- For icing, heat half-and-half, chocolate and coffee granules in small saucepan over low heat, stirring until chocolate melts. Cool slightly. Drizzle icing over cookies. Cool until icing is firm.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||<1 g|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Calories from Fat||37 %|
Check out more recipes for Chocolate