Light-Style Lemon Chicken
A delicate lemon sauce glazes pieces of tender chicken. The lemon juice and cabbage in this recipe provide a good dose of vitamin C.
Makes 4 servings
|2||egg whites, lightly beaten|
|3/4||cup fresh bread crumbs|
|2||tablespoons sesame seeds (optional)|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|4||boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 pounds)|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|3/4||cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth|
|1/4||cup fresh lemon juice|
|2||tablespoons brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|4||cups thinly sliced napa cabbage or romaine lettuce|
- Place egg whites in shallow dish. Combine bread crumbs, sesame seeds, salt and pepper in another shallow dish.
- Dust chicken with flour; dip into egg whites. Roll in crumb mixture.
- Blend broth into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, brown sugar and honey.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 5 to 6 minutes until browned and juices run clear. Transfer to cutting board; keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean with paper towel. Stir broth mixture and add to skillet. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes until sauce boils and thickens.
- Place cabbage on serving dish. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/2-inch slices; place over cabbage. Pour sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon slices and fresh herbs, if desired.
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Total Fat||10 g|
|Calories from Fat||30 %|
Check out more recipes for Chicken & Other Poultry