Linguine with Paprikash Sauce
Makes 5 to 6 servings
|2||medium red bell peppers|
|1||medium onion, thinly sliced|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|2||tablespoons olive oil|
|2||tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|4||teaspoons sweet Hungarian paprika|
|1/4||teaspoon black pepper|
|1||can (8 ounces) tomato sauce|
|1||cup canned vegetable broth|
|1/2||cup sour cream|
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Drain in colander. Place in large warm bowl; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut red peppers lengthwise into thin strips; cut strips crosswise into halves.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat until hot. Add bell peppers, onion and garlic; cook and stir 8 to 10 minutes or until peppers are very soft.
- Combine flour, paprika, salt and black pepper in small bowl. Stir into bell pepper mixture. Cook over medium heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Combine tomato sauce and broth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat; place sour cream in small bowl. Stir in several spoonfuls hot mixture. Stir sour cream mixture into sauce in skillet. Cook over low heat 1 minute or until heated through. Do not boil. Pour over linguine; toss.
Check out more recipes for European