Lip-Smacking Lemon Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen cookies
|1/2||cup (1 stick) butter, softened|
|2||tablespoons lemon juice|
|2||teaspoons grated lemon peel|
|2||cups all-purpose flour|
|1||teaspoon baking powder|
|Dash ground nutmeg|
|Yellow colored sugar (optional)|
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add sugar; beat until well blended. Add egg, lemon juice and peel; beat until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture at low speed, blending well after each addition.
- Shape dough into 2 logs, each about 1-1/2 inches in diameter and 6-1/2 inches long. Roll logs in yellow sugar, if desired. Wrap each log in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours or up to 3 days.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease cookie sheets. Cut logs into 1/4-inch-thick slices; place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake about 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Transfer to wire racks to cool. Store in airtight container.
|Serving Size:||1 cookie|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Fat||2 g|
|Calories from Fat||36 %|
Check out more recipes for Cookies