Lo Mein Noodles with Shrimp the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|12||ounces Chinese-style thin egg noodles|
|2||teaspoons sesame oil|
|1-1/2||tablespoons oyster sauce|
|1-1/2||tablespoons soy sauce|
|1/4||teaspoon white or black pepper|
|2||tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1||teaspoon minced fresh ginger|
|1||clove garlic, minced|
|8||ounces medium shrimp, shelled and deveined|
|1||tablespoon dry sherry|
|8||ounces bean sprouts|
*Or, substitute 1/4 cup domestic chives cut into 1-inch pieces and 2 green onions with tops, cut into 1-inch pieces, for the Chinese chives.
- Add noodles to boiling water; cook according to package directions until tender but still firm, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain noodles; rinse under cold running water. Drain again.
- Combine noodles and sesame oil in large bowl; toss lightly to coat.
- Cut enough chives into 1-inch pieces to measure 1/2 cup; set aside. Combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper in small bowl.
- Heat vegetable oil in wok or large skillet over high heat. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry 10 seconds. Add shrimp; stir-fry until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute. Add chives and sherry; stir-fry until chives begin to wilt, about 15 seconds. Add half of bean sprouts; stir-fry 15 seconds. Add remaining bean sprouts; stir-fry 15 seconds.
- Add oyster sauce mixture and noodles. Cook and stir about 2 minutes or until heated through.
Check out more recipes for Chinese