Café Du Monde Beignets
Miss Louisiana, Katherine Putnam, submitted this recipe for Café Du Monde Beignets.
|Box of Café Du Monde Beignet Mix|
|Temperature Controlled Frying Pan (Frying Skillet works best)|
|Fry basket (to retrieve the finished Beignets)|
|Rolling Pin (to roll finished dough into a flat sheet)|
|Pizza Cutter (to cut dough into squares for frying)|
|Vegetable Oil Louanna Cottonseed Oil is recommended|
- In a bowl, combine two cups of Cafe Du Monde beignet mix with 7 ounces of water.
- Mix the ingredients with a spoon until the beignet mix is all mixed with the water.
- The dough should be relatively soft, like drop biscuit dough.
- Scoop the mix from the bowl onto a well-floured surface.
- Roll the beignet dough flat and cut into 2-inch squares using a pizza cutter.
- Heat cooking oil to 370° Fahrenheit.
- Add the beignet dough to the oil.
- Covered liberally with powdered sugar.
Check out more recipes for Southern