Mandarin Tomato Beef
Makes 4 servings
|1/2||cup reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce|
|2||teaspoons minced fresh ginger|
|1||boneless beef top sirloin steak (about 1 pound), cut into short thin strips|
|2||tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil, divided|
|1||medium onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges|
|2||cups fresh snow peas, stemmed or 1 package (6 ounces) frozen snow peas, thawed|
|2||medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges|
|Hot cooked rice|
|Black pepper (optional)|
- Combine teriyaki and ginger in medium bowl. Add beef and toss to coat; marinate 10 minutes.
- Drain beef, reserving marinade. Stir reserved marinade into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat 2 minutes or until hot. Drizzle 1 tablespoon oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add half of beef; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is barely pink in center. Remove beef to large bowl. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Drizzle remaining 1 tablespoon oil into wok and heat 30 seconds. Add onion; cook 3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally. Add snow peas; stir-fry 3 minutes for fresh snow peas or 1 minute for frozen. Stir marinade mixture until smooth and add to wok. Stir-fry 30 seconds or until sauce boils and thickens.
- Return beef, any accumulated juices and tomatoes to wok; cook until heated through. Serve over rice. Sprinkle with black pepper.
Check out more recipes for Chinese