Mango-Banana Foster the Editors of Publications International, Ltd.
Makes 4 servings
|2||medium mangoes, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|2||ripe, firm bananas, cut into 3/4-inch-thick slices|
|8||maraschino cherries, halved|
|4||sheets (18 X12 inches each) heavy-duty foil|
|1/2||cup firmly packed brown sugar|
|2||tablespoons rum or 2 tablespoons orange juice plus 1/4 teaspoon rum extract|
|1/2||teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Vanilla ice cream|
- Prepare grill for direct cooking.
- Place mango, banana and cherries in center of each piece of foil. Stir together brown sugar, rum and cinnamon in small bowl. Spoon brown sugar mixture over fruit mixture.
- Double-fold sides and ends of foil to seal packets, leaving head space for heat circulation. Place on baking sheet.
- Slide packets off baking sheet onto grill grid. Grill, covered, over medium-high coals 3 to 5 minutes or until hot. Carefully open one end of each packet to allow steam to escape.
- Meanwhile, spoon ice cream into serving bowls. Open packets and pour fruit over ice cream.
Check out more recipes for Fruit Desserts