Masquerade Party Cookies
Makes 20 cookies
|Prepared black frosting|
|Red string licorice, cut into 5-inch lengths|
|1||package (18 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough|
|1/4||cup all-purpose flour|
|Colored nonpareils or sprinkles|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Remove dough from wrapper; place in large bowl. Let dough stand at room temperature about 15 minutes.
- Add flour to dough; beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended.
- Shape dough into 20 (3-inch long) ovals; roll in nonpareils. Place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheets; flatten slightly. Pinch ovals in at centers to create mask shapes. Decorate with additional nonpareils.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Make oval indentations for eyes with back of spoon. Reshape at centers, if necessary. Cool completely on cookie sheets.
- Spread eye area with black frosting. Attach licorice piece to each side of mask with additional frosting. Let stand until frosting is set.
Check out more recipes for Cookies