Samm and Clinton's Meat Sushi - 'Mushi'
See more recipes from TLC's KICK OFF COOK OFF, a new cooking competition that slams together America's two favorite pastimes: football and cooking!
|Filet mignon or tenderloin (pounded thin)|
|1/2||tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4||teaspoon salt for each quart of water|
- Grill thin slices of filet mignon or tenderloin.
- Caramelize the onions by cooking slices of the onion pan of medium heat drizzled with olive oil, until they are brown. Stir the onions occasionally and sprinkle salt on them. You may sprinkle sugar to help the caramelization process. Let the onions cook for approximately 30 minutes.
- To make the garlic mashed potatoes, bake garlic for and hour in a ½ tablespoon of olive oil and cover.
- Once the garlic is tender, take out the cloves and put the garlic in a pot with ¼ tsp of salt for each quart of water and add the peeled potatoes to it.
- Bring water to a boil and continue to cook the potatoes for approximately 20 minutes, until tender. Drain the potatoes.
- Add milk and butter, as desired to the potatoes and mash all together.
- Roll up the onions, garlic mashed potatoes, and bacon bits in the filet mignon. Cut up all ingredients to look just like sushi and dip in butter.
Check out more recipes for Meat