Another tip that seems like a no-brainer is to shop with cash. Obviously, you can't go over your budget if you have only enough cash to keep you within your budget. Even if you put just one or two items in your cart that aren't on your list every time you shop, those can add up and put you significantly over your budget in the long run. So sticking to cash will ensure you stay within your budget, no matter what is there to tempt you.
- Bauerlein, David. "Couponing: Clip a little, save a lot." Jacksonville.com. March 16, 2011. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://jacksonville.com/entertainment/food-and-dining/2011-03-17/story/couponing-clip-little-save-lot
- Camas, Joanne. "35 ways to eat and shop on a budget." Today Money. June 30, 2008. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/25413449/ns/today-money/t/ways-eat-shop-budget/#.TrV2mM1O0oM
- Fontinelle, Amy. "How grocery price matching can save you money." Fox 12 Oregon. Oct. 29, 2011. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://www.kptv.com/story/15869679/how-grocery-price-matching-can-save-you-money
- Taylor Pittman, Ann. "How to stretch your food budget." CNN Health. Aug. 3, 2009. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://articles.cnn.com/2009-08-03/health/food.budget_1_meal-plan-fresh-peas-food-budget?_s=PM:HEALTH
- U.S. News & World Report. "5 ways to trim your grocery bills." MSN Money. Oct. 5, 2011. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://money.msn.com/shopping-deals/5-ways-to-trim-your-grocery-bills.aspx
- Webber, Roxanne. "10 Ways to Save at the Grocery Store." Chow.com. Jan. 28, 2009. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://www.chow.com/food-news/54902/10-ways-to-save-at-the-grocery-store/
- Weston, Liz. "How to eat when you're really broke." MSN Money. June 8, 2011. (Nov. 4, 2011) http://money.msn.com/saving-money/how-to-eat-when-you-are-really-broke-weston.aspx
Are you looking for some salad recipes that save you money? Check out this article and get 5 salad recipes that save you money.