For a nontraditional turkey sandwich with your leftovers, try this Rueben Crostini recipe recommended by Sara Williams-Clark, chef-instructor at Le Cordon Bleu, St. Louis, and member of the American Culinary Federation [source: Williams-Clark].
- French baguette, cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch slices
- Melted butter
- Thousand Island dressing
- Leftover cooked turkey slices, cut thin
- Sauerkraut, drained of liquid
- Swiss cheese, cut in thin slices
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Lay bread slices on cookie sheet.
- Lightly brush with melted butter.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit (176-degree Celsius) oven for 4 to 6 minutes, until slightly crispy.
- Remove from oven.
- Assemble by spreading a thin layer of Thousand Island dressing on each bread slice.
- Place a few slices of turkey breast on top.
- Spread with a thin layer of sauerkraut.
- Top with one slice of cheese, cut in half.
- Place under the broiler in your oven until the cheese has melted.