Dressing/Stuffing -- Side
To reuse your leftover stuffing, Joseph Leonardi C.E.C., executive chef at Somerset Club in Boston and member of the American Culinary Federation, recommends this recipe for Fried Bread Sticks [source: Leonardi].
- Mix the cheese with the stuffing. Separate into 2 ounce servings and shape into sticks.
- Place sticks in the freezer.
- Place the flour (seasoned with salt and pepper), eggs and breadcrumbs into three separate bowls.
- Dip each stick into the flour bowl, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs. Re-dip the sticks into the eggs and breadcrumbs. Freeze the sticks.
- Heat the frying oil in a pot to approximately 350 degrees.
- Remove the sticks from the freezer. Fry them in the oil until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with turkey gravy or cranberry sauce.