- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1 1/4 cups dried currants
- 4 oz pitted and chopped dates
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped citron
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5/8 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135 degrees Celsius)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine raisins, currants, dates, cherries, citron, walnuts and pecans.
- In a different mixing bowl, combine and sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- In a third bowl, combine butter and 1 cup sugar until fluffy. Beat in light corn syrup and currant jelly. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each egg.
- Add dry ingredients and orange juice, alternately and a little at a time, beating well on a low speed after each addition.
- Pour the batter over the fruit and nut mixture and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Grease a 10-inch tube pan and spread batter evenly.
- Bake for 2 hours or until a wooden toothpick placed in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes and remove from pan.