Iron Chef Battle
Bring the action of TV shows like "Iron Chef" and "Chopped" to your own kitchen! To get started, put together a group of ingredients and have your contestants invent a dish or meal using all of them. You can divide into teams and grade one another's efforts, or select a few guests to act as judges while the rest cook.
If your kitchen is too cramped to pull off an on-the-spot competition, have a potluck-style challenge with your guests. About 48 hours before the party, notify everyone of the secret ingredient that he or she should incorporate into a dish. That will give guests time to whip something up in the comfort of their own kitchens for bringing to the party. The results may turn out to be culinary genius!
Now it's time to stock your kitchen pantry and bar and send out your invites. With these fun game ideas, you'll be all set to throw a memorable and entertaining dinner party.
- Bambas, Lisl Richards. "What's Hot is Hot! Scoville Heat Unit Scale." Epicurean. (July 21, 2011) http://www.epicurean.com/articles/hot-peppers.html
- Bar None. "Non-Alcoholic Drink Recipes." (July 19, 2011) http://www.barnonedrinks.com/drinks/by_category/non-alcoholic-3/
- Christensen, Emma. "Kitchen Safety: Why a Sharp Knife Leads to Fewer Injuries." The Kitchn. June 30, 2011. (July 14, 2011) http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/kitchen-safety-why-a-sharp-knife-leads-to-fewer-injuries-gourmet-live-150287
- Divine Dinner Party. "Dinner Party Cooking Games to Play at Your Next Party." (July 10, 2011) http://www.divinedinnerparty.com/dinner-party-cooking-games.html
- Dutton, Melissa Kossler. "'Iron Chef' comes to dinner parties." AZ Central. Feb. 6, 2008. (July 12, 2011) http://www.azcentral.com/style/hfe/food/articles/2008/02/06/20080206ironchef0206.html
- Punch Bowl. "Cocktail Party Games." (July 12, 2011) http://www.punchbowl.com/p/cocktail-party-games
- Salkeld, Lauren. "Menu Planning Tips." Epicurious. (July 19, 2011) http://www.epicurious.com/articlesguides/entertaining/partiesevents/menuplanning
- Wine Guppy. "How to Host a Blind Wine Tasting Party." (July 9, 2011) http://blog.wineguppy.com/learning-wine-information/how-to-host-a-blind-wine-tasting-party/
In order to have a party, you first need to invite some guests. Here is a great way to personalize and hand-deliver your dinner party invitations.