Sharpen up your knives -- that's all you'll need to prepare this hearty summer dinner. Start with fresh ears of your favorite sweet corn, Roma tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. To prepare the dish:
- Cut the corn kernels off the ears into a large bowl. This is your major ingredient. Your proportions will be two parts corn, one part chopped tomatoes and one part mozzarella.
- Chop the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Cut the mozzarella into bite-sized chunks.
- Add the tomato and mozzarella to the corn.
- Drizzle the mixture with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and toss to coat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with your favorite fresh herb -- parsley sprigs or basil leaves.
That's it. Serve this dish up in big bowlfuls and offer chilled watermelon wedges for dessert.